Try one of these easy-to-make-at-home play doughs to keep your kids busy for hours. This sensational dough develops hand strength, focus and creativity as kids experiment with different smells, colors and textures. Ask your child(ren) how they could use this dough as a learning tool or have them compare and contrast the two doughs.
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup salt
- 3 packs unsweetened Kool-Aid
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable Oil
Essential Oil Dough
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup salt
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- few drops of essential oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Pour the Kool-Aid packs OR essential oil (depending on which dough you’re making) into the water. Set that to the side.
2. In a different container, mix the flour and salt together.
3. Pour the flavored water into the flour/salt mixture and stir.
4. When it looks like a ball, take it out and knead the mixture like bread, dusting with a little flour if the dough is too sticky.
Put the dough mixture in an airtight container. Lasts 4-6 weeks. If it gets too wet, add a little flour. If it’s a little too dry, wet your hands and kneed it.